Saturday, June 27, 2009

"I hate quotations." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"How can I lose to such an idiot?"- Aaron Nimzovich (1886-1935), Chessmaster

"Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers."- T. S. Eliot (1888-1965)

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, in 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."- Bill Gates (1955-), in 1981

"We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."- Decca Recording Company, rejecting the Beatles, in 1962

"I don't know the key to success but I know the key to failure is trying to please everybody."- Bill Cosby (1937-)

4 comments:

  1. LOL, some great quotes :) luv em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a really good collection of quotes. Very nice, C. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those!! That is so fun!!
    Hey you have several followers now - cool!!
    Do you know any of them in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no. Only you, Earwen! And I feel as though I know Scotty. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to posting a comment on my blog; I thank you for clicking here and I'm sure we will be fast friends if we aren't already, since I love people who comment. But I don't really like people who nit-pick my blog. That tends to get nowhere with me except to make me first laugh, then blush, and finally growl. Not to mention it doesn't make the nit-picker look particulary good either. However, if you would really like to nitpick, email me at cierrawrites@gmail.com. I may or may not reply, but I'll always love you since you commented anyway. Alright, comment away!