Sunday, August 9, 2009

asked out to coffee...

by a gentleman today. Quite the surprise. We met online, and he's in the military, though he's back in Spokane now. He is also 5'8", which makes me three inches taller than him. Of course I said no. (Not just because of the height, and it's not because he's ugly; he's actually quite the dashing figure.) After going through the regular little marching men order of subtle questions like "Do you have to stay in tonight?" "You doing anything fun tonight?"... he asked me if I, perhaps, "would like to go out for some coffee?"

I said right off, "'Tis a busy time for me, with my sister's wedding coming up." (For I like to make up excuses, they are fun. You get a lot more life and spontenaety out of them--more writing material.)

"You're busy right this moment?" he asked.

"Oh yes. I promised myself a couple hours of creative time tonight. And my artist dates are not to be broken."

It took him a while to respond, and he finally said, a little stiffly, "Um... yeah. Have fun with that."

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Right."

"Don't be angry," I pleaded. "I'm not saying no because I don't want a coffee! In fact, I want a coffee right now... very badly..."

And he did not reply.

You see, men are quite jealous of girls dating anyone else, even if it is their inner artist, their poetic genius. But writing takes priority over this Mr. Man. Until I am engaged, I don't think anyone is qualified to interrupt my artist dates. Hopefully my husband (if it ever comes to that) will be willing to give me alone time with the page.

P.S. I would not have said yes anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Whew!
    Good for you!
    Except ahem, those 'excuses' are lying, you know.
    Have you ever met the guy before?
    Or is he just an online guy?
    Anyway, good for you for turning him down. :)
    I MISS YOUR DRAWINGS!! I NEED ONE IN THE MAIL! A FAIRY, SOMETHING! DESPERATELY!
    AAARRRGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the excuses were true, you see. I use true excuses. I had literally set up an artist date for myself that evening. =) Just to clear things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Cierra. Artistic dates are very VERY important, and I feel your love for them.
    I have girls hounding me all the time, but the artistic dates come first.
    No, kidding. About the girls, I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that is awesome! I think its great that you made up a story just for a story's sake.

    I must admire someone who is dedicated enough to oneself for that individual would put off time-requests from others. I salute you for it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to posting a comment on my blog; I thank you for clicking here and I'm sure we will be fast friends if we aren't already, since I love people who comment. But I don't really like people who nit-pick my blog. That tends to get nowhere with me except to make me first laugh, then blush, and finally growl. Not to mention it doesn't make the nit-picker look particulary good either. However, if you would really like to nitpick, email me at cierrawrites@gmail.com. I may or may not reply, but I'll always love you since you commented anyway. Alright, comment away!